Sunday, September 11, 2011

Baby Shower Greeting Card with Paper Quilling


It was one of my friend's baby shower today. I made this card for her. As you can see, she is having a girl ! Baby showers are fun here ...we do both the traditional Indian God Bharai  ( Blessing the would be mom and baby) ceremony as well as the Baby Shower party with fun games and of-course lots of food. So its like the best of both worlds. 

Its their first child. I wanted to make something special and cute for them. And also something new....repeating designs is not much fun. So yesterday night I made this cute little pink and white onesie. I used crimped strips to get that frilly girly feeling for the onesie. I also decorated the envelope with a bow and tag for message. I ended up having a late night ( means less sleep when you have a toddler who wakes up at a fixed time in the morning) but her reaction when I gave her the card today made it all worth it. She simply loved it and I made up for the lack of sleep with a late afternoon nap after the function was over. Off to sleep now ...have a fun Sunday all of you!
 




2 comments:

  1. What a delicate color and lovely effect
    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We will love to have your comments/feedback!